of tokens, stations and lines has many profound effects on the game of Mornington Crescent. The following list gives the main tactically significant colours, although there are several others:
- Northern Black?
- Piccadilly Blue? – sometimes 'Navy Blue'
- Circle Chartreuse? – also referred to as Yellow
- Waterloo & City Cyan? – also 'Light Blue', 'Sky Blue' or occasionally 'Blue-Green'
- District Green?
- Jubilee Grey?
- Bakerloo Hampster? (sic) – also referred to as Brown
- East London Orange?
- Hammersmith & CityPink?
- Metropolitan Puce? – also referred to as Purple
- Central Red?
- National Rail White?
A standard beginner's token set contains 50 each of the metallic tokens, and 100 each of the coloured tokens marked in bold.
Historical Note: See also: hatch
Categories: A to Z