[Home]Goodge Street

HomePage | RecentChanges | Preferences

The Encyclopaedia has now been locked; contributors must log in to make changes. [more]
When Goodge Street station first opened, on June 22nd 1907, it was named Tottenham Court Road. It was renamed to Goodge Street on March 9th, 1908, and simultaneously Oxford Street was renamed Tottenham Court Road. However, as Goodge Street is a common precursor to a winning play of Mornington Crescent, a last-ditch rescue attempt may be made by means of a temporal strile; play Tottenham Court Road and invoke the pre-1908 Tottenham Court Road Rules. This relocates both stations and thus both players, and approximately reverses the tactical situation.


Categories: A to Z. Station Index

HomePage | RecentChanges | Preferences
This page is read-only | View other revisions
Last edited March 26, 2007 5:26 pm by Simons Mith (diff)
Search: